Who are we?
- BIM Base B.V. ("BIM Base") is the technical partner in research and development projects in the field of Building Information Model ("BIM"), internet startups and the development of a proprietary database management system. When there is not enough or no ready-made software available, BIM Base develops solid solutions in close cooperation with the customers. BIM Base specializes in Java software development, databases and data modeling. Your privacy comes first.
- For this reason, we consider it very important that the personal data we receive from you is handled with care. We respect the privacy of visitors of our website, our customers and suppliers. We ensure that the personal information you provide is treated confidentially. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR), the GDPR Implementation Act (Implementation Act) and the Dutch Telecommunications Act (DTA).
- We appreciate your trust in us and we will therefore handle your personal data with the utmost care. These privacy regulations do not apply to persons working at BIM Base, job applicants, temporary or contract workers and student interns.
Who is responsible?
- BIM Base qualifies as the ‘Controller’ within the meaning of the GDPR for the processing of personal data in the following circumstances:
- The processing of personal data of visitors of the BIM Base website;
- The processing of personal data of prospects, customers and suppliers of BIM Base that provide personal data - in a secure shielded environment - via the contact form on the website;
- The processing of personal data in the context of an assignment (e.g. software development);
- The processing of all other personal data relating to persons who contact BIM Base or whose personal data BIM Base processes.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY BIM BASE?
- BIM Base processes personal data that you have provided to BIM Base yourself or personal data that BIM Base may have derived from other sources, such as Social Media platforms and public registers.
- The building models that people upload may contain limited personal data which has been added by third parties, e.g. the person who created the model or worked on it, for which BIM Base is not liable.
- We only collect personal information that is strictly necessary or that can improve the service to you.
- BIM Base processes the following personal data for the following purposes:
- If you have given BIM Base an order to supply software or services and these personal data are necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- If you place an order and/or ask a question via the online form, we will process your name, e-mail address, and, if necessary, your payment details. We need this information in order to be able to carry out the order and to keep you informed of its progress;
- If you have subscribed to the newsletter, we will use your name and e-mail address to inform you about the developments of BIM Base. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by using the unsubscribe option in the newsletter itself;
- If you create an account on the Website, we will process your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and payment details. This data is stored on a secure server;
- If you write a review, you can choose to add your name or other personal information. If you do this, we will process this data so that we can publish it with the review. We are curious about the opinions of our visitors, but reserve the right not to publish contributions that do not comply with our site conditions;
- the creation of user statistics of the BIM Base website;
- conducting and analyzing customer satisfaction surveys.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
- BIM Base only processes your personal data in accordance with the lawful grounds specified in Article 6 (1) of the GDPR. The following lawful grounds apply:
- Consent (article 6 paragraph 1 sub a GDPR)
If you consented to having your personal data processed by us, you can withdraw this consent at any time you wish
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (article 6 paragraph 1 sub b GDPR)
If you engage us to provide service to you, we will only process your personal data to the extent required for a contract to be performed
- Legal obligation (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR)
- Legitimate (business) interest (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR)
For example, BIM Base uses your contact details to keep you informed through newsletters, events and informative e-mails.
- Consent (article 6 paragraph 1 sub a GDPR)
- Sometimes it is necessary for BIM Base to outsource personal data to third-party processors. The processing agreements BIM Base enters into with these processors satisfy the GDPR requirements. Some of the third parties we collaborate with are IT service providers that supply software (software as a service) or hosting services, or that ensure our systems are secure and run smoothly.
- NB: The party who rents the server from BIM Base for hosting is the ‘controller’ within the meaning of the GDPR.
- For example, BIM Base works with ICT service providers that provide software (software as a service) or hosting services. There are also ICT service providers who support us in keeping our systems secure and stable.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Sometimes it is necessary to share your personal data with third parties. Depending on the circumstances of the case, this may be necessary for the performance of the contract. There are also legal obligations to share personal data to third parties.
- In the following cases, among others, personal data will be provided to third parties:
- if the transfer is made to a sister or parent company of BIM Base and this transfer is necessary for the provision of services in a shared service centre;
- if BIM Base is obliged by law to pass on personal data to competent authorities;
- if a court decision obliges us to provide personal data to third parties, we will have to comply with it.
- Personal data may also be provided to third parties in the event of a reorganisation or merger of our company or the sale of (part of) our company.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
- In certain circumstances, it is necessary to transfer personal data to parties established outside the EEA. Depending on the circumstances of the case, this may be necessary in the performance of your contract.
- Google uses this information to keep track of how our websites are used, to provide us with reports about the websites and to provide its advertisers with information about the effectiveness of their campaigns. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or to the extent that these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We have no influence on this. We have not allowed Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services.
- BIM Base will not retain personal data for any longer than is required for the purposes of the processing or based on a legal obligation.
- BIM Base will take appropriate measures to ensure that the personal data it processes is secure and follows the relevant requirements and guidelines.
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS?
- The GDPR ensures that everyone has certain rights they can exercise regarding their personal data. In some instances, you have the right to access to, rectification and erasure of your personal data. In addition, you are entitled, in certain circumstances, to object to your data being processed. Alternatively, you can request that the use of your personal data be restricted. Subject to conditions, you may even be allowed to request your data and transfer it to another party. If you have any questions about these rights, please do not hesitate to us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADMENDMENTS TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
- BIM Base reserves the right to amend or change this privacy statement at any time and for any reason.